Ontario Nature is built on a strong foundation of commitment and concern for nature that is shared by a province-wide network of groups and individuals, the Nature Network.
The Nature Network connects Ontario Nature with people making their communities better places in which to live. It is a dynamic vehicle through which Ontario Nature brings provincial initiatives to the local level, and community groups bring local efforts and concerns to provincial attention.
Many of Ontario Nature’s conservation initiatives would not have been possible without the help and support of the groups in the Nature Network.
Please read our Nature Network Primer for more information about the Nature Network.
Being a member of the Nature Network allows groups to interact with like-minded organizations across the province and receive benefits, such as:
- Nature Network News: Receive Ontario Nature’s monthly e-newsletter.
- Regional Meetings: Invitation to attend spring and fall regional meetings with neighbouring conservation groups.
- Influence: Become part of provincial voice for nature in Ontario.
- Environmental Awareness: Receive information about issues such as land-use planning.
- ON Nature magazine: Complimentary copies of our award-winning magazine, ON Nature.
- Resources: Access to the latest information on natural history, conservation and organizational management.
Through the Nature Network member groups can increase their profile both locally and provincially.
- Liability Insurance Coverage
- Special Event and Publicity Opportunities
- Ontario Nature’s Annual Gathering
- Conservation Awards
- Advice and Resources
The annual fee for an Ontario Nature member group is determined by the size of its membership:
- Fewer than 100 members costs $83
- 100–200 members costs $165
- More than 200 members costs $248
- Provincial partners costs $55
Payment is due upon receipt of an invoice in the fall. Membership and fee structure are subject to periodic review by the board.
For further information, please contact Lesley Rudy, Nature Network Organizer, at (416) 444-8419 ext. 224 or