American paper product companies must be more responsible with their use of Ontario’s forests.
Call on Procter & Gamble to protect the habitat of species at risk, purchase from companies that obtain Free, Prior and Informed Consent from Indigenous people, increase the amount of post-consumer recycled content, and source from FSC-certified forests.
While we all grapple with the social and economic impacts of a global pandemic, the Government of Ontario is quietly setting the stage for development projects to proceed without public consultation or the right to appeal. The recent flurry of Minister’s Zoning Orders is fast-tracking development on farmland and greenspace. Expediting this sort of short-sighted development while keeping Ontarians in the dark does not serve the public interest.
Our focus should be on enhancing community resilience to climate change and potential future pandemics. To do so we must enable and support public participation in determining the future of our farmlands, forests, wetlands and other natural areas. Please join us in demanding greater public accountability and enhanced community resilience to climate change.
Sign the declaration to show you care about protected places and ask the governments of Ontario and Canada to meet the commitment to protect at least 17 percent of lands and inland waters by 2020.
Please use your voice to support caribou – the grey ghosts of the boreal forest – at: protectcaribou.ca.
Tell the Government of Canada that caribou denial myths must be dispelled, and action must be taken with provinces to plan for caribou recovery and sustainable prosperity. Your voice matters.
You can make an enormous difference and it’s free!
Ontario Nature’s advocates helped with campaigns that led to a conservation plan for the Oak Ridges Moraine, an 80 percent reduction in neonicotinoid pesticides, wetland and woodlot protection, establishment of 2.4 million hectares of new protected areas, and much more.
Recent Action Alerts
- Say No to More Sprawl, Less Nature and Less Farmland(2020-07-31)
- Sauble’s piping plovers need you now! (2020-06-25)
- Protect species at risk while strengthening the forest industry (2020-06-18)
- Share Ontario’s Forests (2020-02-05)
- Put nature first in Rondeau Provincial Park (2019-12-18)
- Pits and quarries (2019-10-21)
- Wolves and coyotes wrongly accused (2019-09-26)
- SOS: Save Ontario Species 2019-06-06
- Oppose the senseless slaughter of cormorants 2019-01-03
- Stop Bill 66: Privileging big business over the people of Ontario 2018-12-14
- We the people are for the environment 2018-16-11
Previous Action Alerts Continued
- Caribou can’t survive without a place to live 2018-01-10
- Help secure a historic investment for nature protection in Canada 2018-01-18
- Protect our water 2017-12-08
- Guide stronger protection for nature across the Greater Golden Horseshoe 2017-08-22
- Help at risk caribou persist in the Caribou Forest 2017-05-08
- Stand up for the Greenbelt and stop sprawl for good! 2017-03-20