The Government of Ontario has failed our more than 240 at-risk plants and animals.
Please join Ontario Nature in demanding better of our political leaders and representatives. Let them know you want an action plan to recover species at risk developed and implemented, with clear commitments to address the government’s inexcusable record to date.
While we all grapple with the social and economic impacts of a global pandemic, the Government of Ontario is quietly setting the stage for development projects to proceed without public consultation or the right to appeal. The recent flurry of Minister’s Zoning Orders is fast-tracking development on farmland and greenspace. Expediting this sort of short-sighted development while keeping Ontarians in the dark does not serve the public interest.
Our focus should be on enhancing community resilience to climate change and potential future pandemics. To do so we must enable and support public participation in determining the future of our farmlands, forests, wetlands and other natural areas. Please join us in demanding greater public accountability and enhanced community resilience to climate change.
You can make an enormous difference and it’s free!
Ontario Nature’s advocates helped with campaigns that led to a conservation plan for the Oak Ridges Moraine, an 80 percent reduction in neonicotinoid pesticides, wetland and woodlot protection, establishment of 2.4 million hectares of new protected areas, and much more.
Completed Action Alerts
- Provincially Significant Wetlands no longer safe from development
- Federal intervention needed to protect boreal caribou in Ontario
- Endangered Black Ash Needs Immediate Protection
- Vote For Nature
- Protected Places Declaration
- MZOs to trump protections for nature and farmland
- Stop Sprawl and Grow the Greenbelt
- Stop the Bulldozers: Developers Seeking Permit to Destroy Provincially Significant Wetland
- Lake Simcoe Protection Plan Review
- Conservation Authorities Under Fire
- Procter & Gamble
- Say No to More Sprawl, Less Nature and Less Farmland
- Sauble’s piping plovers need you now!
- Protect species at risk while strengthening the forest industry
- Share Ontario’s Forests
- Put nature first in Rondeau Provincial Park
- Pits and quarries
- Wolves and coyotes wrongly accused
- SOS: Save Ontario Species
- Oppose the senseless slaughter of cormorants
- Stop Bill 66: Privileging big business over the people of Ontario
- We the people are for the environment
- Caribou can’t survive without a place to live
- Help secure a historic investment for nature protection in Canada
- Protect our water
- Guide stronger protection for nature across the Greater Golden Horseshoe
- Help at risk caribou persist in the Caribou Forest
- Stand up for the Greenbelt and stop sprawl for good!