Become an Advocate
More than 12,000 people are raising their voices as advocates for the protection of Ontario’s wild species and wild spaces – people who are willing to take that extra step by communicating directly with the government and other decision-makers about the need to protect nature. Will you join them?
As an Advocate for Nature, you will receive emails about important conservation issues and easy ways you can take action when your help is urgently needed. Each action alert will include an issue summary and a recommended action.
With your help, we can remind the government that it is reviewing the Endangered Species Act, not the Endangered Business Act. The law’s purpose is to protect and recover Ontario’s most vulnerable plants and animals.
Please sign the letter below to Minister Phillips, the Environmental Registry of Ontario and your local MPP. Their decision will profoundlly and perhaps irreversably impact on species at risk and their habitats. The deadline for comment through the Environmental Registry of Ontario (ERO) is March 4, 2019.
Sign the declaration to show you care about protected places and ask the governments of Ontario and Canada to meet the commitment to protect at least 17 percent of lands and inland waters by 2020.
Please use your voice to support caribou – the grey ghosts of the boreal forest – at: protectcaribou.ca.
Tell the Government of Canada that caribou denial myths must be dispelled, and action must be taken with provinces to plan for caribou recovery and sustainable prosperity. Your voice matters.
Previous Action Alerts
- Oppose the senseless slaughter of cormorants 2019-01-03
- Stop Bill 66: Privileging big business over the people of Ontario 2018-12-14
- We the people are for the environment 2018-16-11
- Caribou can’t survive without a place to live 2018-01-10
- Help secure a historic investment for nature protection in Canada 2018-01-18
- Protect our water 2017-12-08
- Guide stronger protection for nature across the Greater Golden Horseshoe 2017-08-22
- Help at risk caribou persist in the Caribou Forest 2017-05-08
- Stand up for the Greenbelt and stop sprawl for good! 2017-03-20
You can make an enormous difference and it’s free! Ontario Nature’s advocates helped with campaigns that led to a conservation plan for the Oak Ridges Moraine, an 80 percent reduction in neonicotinoid pesticides, wetland and woodlot protection, establishment of 2.4 million hectares of new protected areas, and much more.