Gift Administration and Memberships Coordinator
Reports to Director of Development
The primary objective of this position is to facilitate timely and accurate donation processing to support strong operations and program implementation. S/he works with the development team to help handle member questions, coordinate communications and to ultimately ensure that the member satisfaction is high. The Gift Administration and Memberships Coordinator also works closely with the Director of Finance and Administration to ensure that gifts are processed in a timely manner and monthly financial reports are accurate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, deposit all donations, enter in Raiser’s Edge database and issue tax receipts;
- Maintain database integrity while supporting database queries and maintaining accurate member records in Raiser’s Edge;
- Prepare and reconcile month-end reports for all gifts processed in Raiser’s Edge in a timely manner;
- Create and run reports, mailing lists and donor lists to obtain information to support the fundraising activities and assist donor stewardship correspondence as directed;
- Work closely with the Senior Development Officer to ensure that gifts are processed, charitable tax receipts sent and donors are appropriately thanked;
- Work with the senior development officer and director of development to respond to donor inquiries related to donations, tax receipts, changes to donor information and existing gift giving;
- Work with fund development team to support in-house telemarketing activities;
- Assist in development department special projects, mailings, and events as needed.
- Post-secondary education in a related field;
- At least 1-2 years gift processing experience in Raiser’s Edge and proficiency in Microsoft Office software;
- Effective professional communication skills in person, by phone and by email, with ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Superior organization and time management skills with close attention to detail;
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can successfully prioritize and managed a varied workload;
- Experience in a member/donor-based environment and an understanding of the fundamentals of a non-profit working environment are assets; and
- Interest in Ontario Nature’s mission and a love of nature and the outdoors.
The position requires some evening and weekend work, which will be compensated through lieu time.
The position requires extensive sitting and typing, the occasional need to be on ones feet for extended periods of time and the ability to lift weights up to 40 lbs.
This is a full-time, permanent position at our Toronto office.
No direct reports
Deadline – Monday March 2 2020