Ontario Nature is seeking an enthusiastic Executive Assistant to provide essential administrative support to the Executive Director, Managing Director and Board of Directors. Working closely with the Executive Director and Managing Director, the Executive Assistant is also responsible for coordinating the organization’s Annual Gathering and Conservation Awards and coordinating human resources administration.
This job is perfect for you if you are highly organized, service-oriented and love working with people. You have a proven track record in administrative roles and have excellent communications skills. You are diplomatic but focused on getting things done to a high standard.
This is a full-time position based in our downtown Toronto office where we offer a results-oriented, creative and fun environment. We expect a strong work ethic combined with excellent time management skills and are committed to ensuring that our team members achieve a healthy work-life balance.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATION (30%)
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director;
- Assist Executive Director and Managing Director with various conservation and development projects as needed.
BOARD ADMINISTRATION (35%)
- Coordinate and prepare agendas, briefings and documents for Board meetings;
- Accurately record minutes and other notes at Board meetings and committee meetings, ensuring their timely distribution;
- Organize meetings of the Board of Directors and various Board committees;
- Work with Board members and the Executive Director to plan and coordinate the Annual General Meeting;
- Work with the Awards Committee to lead the planning, promotion and delivery of the annual Conservation Awards;
- Provide support to Board members and committees as required;
- Ensure Board documentation is consistently up-to-date;
- Work with Managing Director to compile quarterly reports to the Board, including monthly reports, operating plan reports and performance metrics; and
- Prepare and oversee the Board and Conservation Awards budget.
HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATION (15%)
- Ensure review and implementation of staff policies and procedures and support management in their implementation;
- Ensure review and implementation of staff processes including performance achievement, recruitment and selection;
- Ensure timely and effective onboarding/offboarding of staff;
- Organize all-staff monthly meetings, including agenda preparation and send out monthly reminders to staff to complete their timesheets;
- Help organize the annual staff retreat; and
- Provide cover for the Administrative Assistant in his/her absence.
EVENT COORDINATION (20%)
- Lead the planning and delivery of the Annual Gathering working with staff, Board members and volunteers;
- Prepare and administer the Annual Gathering budget; and
- Support other events as needed.
- University degree or college diploma
- At least two years of employment experience in a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with executive administration, office administration, and/or board relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment and ability to set priorities and manage a varied workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat
- A valid driver’s license and flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
Desirable assets include:
- Experience in event management
- Experience working or volunteering in the non-profit sector
- A positive outlook and a love of nature and the outdoors
- Include your resume, three references and a cover letter in one attachment, addressing your qualifications and experience
- Include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line
- Submit your application by email to the attention of Sarah Hedges, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: November 30, 2018
No phone calls or unsolicited emails please.
Although Ontario Nature appreciates the efforts of all those who apply for this position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ontario Nature is committed to employment equity, diversity and accessibility. Requests for disability-related accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, and applicants should make their requirements known when contacted.