Community involvement defines Ontario Nature’s character and approach. With its member groups and individual members, Ontario Nature has made a significant impact on conservation issues in communities across Ontario and continues to build a natural legacy for future generations.
The Ontario Nature Conservation Awards recognize excellence by honouring individuals, groups, government agencies and corporations who have worked to protect nature in Ontario. Nominees must be living.
Nominate an Environmental Hero
Recipients of the Conservation Awards will be honoured at Ontario Nature’s 90th Annual General Meeting. The date and location to be determined due to COVID-19 uncertainty. Visit ontarionature.org/agm for more information.
We will also feature the winners in the fall issue of our award-winning ON Nature magazine.
Read the Conservation Awards Flyer with category descriptions and submission guidelines.
Awards are given at the discretion of the Awards Committee.
- Nominations must be submitted on an official form. To obtain a form please visit ontarionature.org/awards, or contact Barbara MacKenzie-Wynia.
- Nominations can be submitted either electronically or by mail.
- Nominees who are Ontario Nature members must be nominated by two people (who don’t have to be members) or one member group.
- Nominees who are not Ontario Nature members must be nominated by two current Ontario Nature members or one member group.
- A person may be nominated for more than one award; however, each nomination must be submitted on a separate form.
- Nominators must provide supporting material.
- Nominations must be received by March 26, 2021.
Please forward nominations, including supporting material to the mailing or email address below.
Attention: Chair, Ontario Nature Awards Committee
214 King Street West, Suite 612
Toronto, ON M5H 3S6
416-444-8419 | 1-800-440-2366