Community involvement defines Ontario Nature’s character and approach. Along with our member groups and individual members, Ontario Nature is a force for conservation across the province. Together we are building a natural legacy for future generations.
Ontario Nature’s Conservation Awards recognize excellence by honouring the work of individuals, groups, government agencies and corporations to protect nature in Ontario. Read the below flyer which explains the awards criteria, the nomination procedure, and highlights key dates and events.
Nominate an Environmental Champion
We will recognize the award winners at Ontario Nature’s 2024 Annual Gathering from May 31 – June 2, 2024 at Evergreen Resort in the beautiful Saugeen Bruce Peninsula. We will also feature the winners in the fall issue of our award-winning ON Nature magazine.
- Read the Conservation Awards flyer with category descriptions and submission guidelines.
- Complete the online Conservation Award Nomination Form.
Ontario Nature is committed to equity, diversity, inclusivity and accessibility.
Please forward nominations, including supporting material, to the attention of:
Chair, Ontario Nature Awards Committee
Ontario Nature @ Centre for Social Innovation
720 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M5S 2R4
Email submissions to Lisa Martell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations must be submitted on an official form. To obtain a form, please contact Lisa Martell at email@example.com or 1-800-440-2366 ext. 271 Nominations can be submitted either electronically or by mail.
- Nominees must be living.
- Nominees must be nominated by at least one current Ontario Nature member or one member group. Nominees do not have to be Ontario Nature members.
- A person may be nominated for more than one award. However, each nomination must be submitted on a separate form and tailored to the criteria for the award.
- Nominators must provide supporting material with their submission. Supporting material should not exceed five pages but may include references or electronic links to relevant items such as papers, reports, websites or other publications.
- Nominations must be received by March 25, 2024.
- Awards are given at the discretion of the Awards Committee.