Our Youth Council is a diverse provincial network that is dedicated to inspiring, connecting and educating our communities.
As a Youth Council member, you will work alongside Ontario Nature staff, become part of a vibrant peer network, and contribute to lasting, positive change through conservation action.
Are you a high school student who wants to be part of a growing network of young environmental leaders in Ontario? Are you passionate about nature? Please consider joining our Youth Council!
We are looking for high-school students in Ontario who are passionate about nature, fun-loving and environmentally aware. It’s a great opportunity to protect nature and develop strong leadership skills.
Applications are closed. Applications for the 2018-2019 school year will be open in September 2018.
- Takes action on conservation issues, including pollinators and climate change
- Plans and hosts events including Our Special Spaces and the Youth Summit for Biodiversity
- Delivers presentations and workshops to youth and the public
- Raises awareness of issues that matter to young people
Youth Council members have been honoured for their achievements individually and collectively by:
- Canada 150 Youth Award for Environmental Stewardship
- Canada 150 Award for Outstanding Youth
- Earth Day Canada’s Youth Hometown Heroes Award
- Starfish Canada’s Top 25 Environmentalists Under 25
- Canadian Museum of Nature’s Nature Inspiration Awards
- Lieutenant Governor’s Ontario Heritage Awards
For more information, please contact Christine Ambre, conservation and education coordinator, at 416-444-8419 ext. 244 by phone or email..
Students at these schools raised funds to support Ontario Nature’s work:
|Nepean High School||St. Clements School||Lisgar Collegiate Institute|