Hearts for Habitats
Following Black Friday and Cyber Monday, our members and supporters gave back some of their savings to us with our Giving Tuesday Campaign n November 28, 2017.
Together, we raised $37,144 to protect wild and threatened habitats in Ontario – far exceeding our goal of $24,000.
The tally includes a generous matching gift of $12,000 from our proud sponsor, Ontario Power Generation.
Double the Impact
Your support helps us reduce habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation to make Ontario a safe haven for wild species. Thanks to the money raised on Giving Tuesday, we will:
- Plant pollinator-friendly habitat in natural areas across the province with our Youth Council;
- Improve the flow of water for fish such as spawning bass at the Kinghurst Forest Nature Reserve;
- Plant trees to create habitat for sensitive birds such as the threatened cerulean warbler at the Sydenham River Nature Reserve;
- Recreate habitat for turtles at the Sydenham River Nature Reserve; and
- Create habitat for pollinators like bumblebees, moths and birds at the Cawthra Mulock Nature Reserve.