- This event has passed.
6th Annual Louise de Kiriline Lawrence Nature Festival
August 17 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Friends of Laurier Woods, the North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority, and the Nipissing Naturalists Club are hosting the 6th Annual Louise de Kiriline Lawrence Nature Festival to be held at the Laurier Woods Conservation Area on Saturday, August 17, 9am – 3pm.
Delivered by community volunteers this festival will celebrate healthy activities in the outdoors. Laurier Woods Conservation Area will come alive with professionals and amateur naturalists who will introduce guests of all ages to a variety of healthy outdoor pursuits. From bird watching, to driftwood art to pollinators and wetland species, we’re sure you’ll experience the wonders of the outdoors! The festival is free for all to attend.
Here are just a few of the activities from the 2018 Nature Festival, with photos in this Facebook album!
- Entomica insect display
- Pollinators and building pollinator homes (Melanie Alkins, Nipissing Naturalists)
- Native pollinators (Riley Cormier, Nipissing Naturalists)
- Community art project (Anne Clement and others)
- Animals and Plants of wetlands (Adam Whyte and Julie Falsetti, North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority)
- Intro to birding (Rachel Sturge)
- Rock and driftwood art (Kaye Edmonds, Nipissing Naturalists)
See you in August!